CAPA HR Lunch Series
PA Dept of Labor & Industry, Office of UC Service Centers, Workforce Development Coordinator
Our seminar will explain the process the UC Service Center follows when investigating and issuing determinations relating to quits and discharges, including:
· What are the steps taken in the fact-finding process?
· How is a ruling issued without fact-finding information from a party?
· What factors determine if a separation is a quit or a discharge?
· What determines burden of proof?
· How are certain exceptions under the federal Trade Readjustment Act factored into determinations?
· What additional steps are available if there is a disagreement with the determination?