The position manages the administrative, financial, and human resource operations for three academic departments. The position functions with limited supervision to complete the administrative requirements for the area in order to handle constant and evolving priorities as well as to fulfill regular deadline pressures for operational and reporting requirements.
- Administrative management of department. Provides administrative support to chair and faculty members with limited supervision; liaison between student, other offices, and outside constituents for information and recruitment; coordinate faculty searches/hiring and promotion/tenure reviews process; provides classroom support and administers course evaluations; performs specialized administrative duties as required to support the function of the department not limited to grants and philanthropic activities.
- Documents and maintains department records and information. Maintains appropriate records to include syllabi, course/advisee information, and reviews plus collects and enters data for course offerings abiding by all governmental and institutional privacy and confidentially regulations; produces correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Directs department events and projects. Coordinates logistics of department events, activities, field trips, lecturers, and candidate visits to include arranging transportation, accommodations, venue, meals/food, itineraries, publicity, and honorariums abiding by college policies; maintains departmental websites using web CMS and photo editing software.
- Audits and monitors budget(s). Oversees financial matters for budget(s) and restricted funds to ensure financial transactions are handled properly; participates in/responsible in preparation and submission of new budget information; completes internal transfers, processes expenditures, and reports; informs chair of budgetary issues and advises expense adjustments; coordinates logistics of one or more P-Cards and completes reconciliation.
- Manages the office – student, staff, equipment, and technology support. Responsible for extensive administrative office duties; troubleshoots minor office/classroom equipment issues; manages human resource functions of student workers including hires, trains, supervises, and approves payroll; purchases/maintains office supply inventory; coordinates faculty offices and building maintenance checks.
- High School degree with 3-5 years of related office experience. Prior experience working in higher education preferred.