Insulation Installer and Technician
Koala Insulation of Central Pennsylvania
At Koala Insulation of Central Pennsylvania, we are looking for a motivated, experienced Spray Foam Installer to join one of our insulation teams in completing our most complex jobs. Koala Insulation is an insulation contractor providing high-quality insulation services to homeowners, contractors, and property owners. To learn more, visit www.koalainsulation.com.
This position within the company is expected to consistently perform high-quality spray polyurethane foam insulation installations in attics and crawlspaces. In addition, this role is responsible for identifying and correcting spray foam issues and providing coaching to more junior installers. Your performance will depend on your entire team’s quality, safety, and efficiency. Therefore, it will be important for you to help other members of your crew perform at a high level.
- Safety: Adheres to jobsite safety in accordance with all federal, state, and local occupational and health and safety laws. Ensures that rig is safely driven to jobsite locations. Knowledgeable in spray polyurethane foam safety protocol and willing to obtain CPI Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Operations: Removes and installs spray polyurethane foam based on specifications of each job. Follows standard operation procedures with equipment set up and operation. Completes a high quality job while maintaining efficiency. Has working knowledge of all types of insulation installation (blown-in, spray foam, and battes) and consistently performs quality checks.
- Technical: Diagnoses and resolves spray foam issues. Has knowledge of how to break down and clean a spray foam gun as well as how to troubleshoot actual chemical issues.
- Customer Service: Communicates professionally with customer. Maintains a professional image and thoroughly cleans jobsite upon completion of the job.
- Other: Continuous improvement of customer service, quality, efficiency, and safety. Provides instruction and training to junior team members. Communicates any issues to Operations Manager. Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to troubleshoot, operate, and maintain equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CPI Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2 years of prior experience in Spray Polyurethane Foam installation is required. Preference is for experience in both new construction and retrofit applications.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and crawling.
- Working environment may be subject to high temperatures, confined spaces, dust/dirt, hazardous chemicals, and heights.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently.