This is a hands-on food production position. The cook must have the ability to work in all production stations in the kitchen, dining room, and service line. Duties include quality food preparation through the use of standardized recipes; assisting the chef with recipe validation by verifying quantities of ingredients, used, methods used, and resulting yield; and cleaning and maintaining appliances, production utensils, and work areas.duties Include:
- Produces high quality food products by using approved cooking methods and by following standardized recipes.
- Accurately completes production sheets for all items produced in a timely manner (same day; preferably at end of meal).
- Works at action stations on the line, in the dining hall, and at events as assigned and prepares food quickly, with high quality, in a pleasant and entertaining manner.
- Ensures safety of self and others by following best practices defined by ServSafe, HACCP steps, and OSHA and college policies and procedures.
- Performs pre-meal/advanced preparation and JIT production using all the following methods of food production: broil, bake, stew, braise, roast, grill, sauté, and deep fry; also slices, dices, chops, mixes, marinates, and blends.
- Responsible for producing assigned foods; directing servers on proper portion size and service techniques/utensils/plating of assigned foods; and ensures assigned food is garnished and presented in an attractive manner.
- Cooperates with and supports all other employees and departments as needed. Performs any other duties as requested by management.
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. “Emergency response personnel” are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in at any time of the day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed.
High School Diploma or GED with 1-3 years of related experience.
Vocational or technical certificate/degree in Culinary Arts
Current ServSafe certification