This is a hands on food production position with some supervision responsibilities The Head Cook must have the ability to work
all stations in the kitchen and assume leadership of the kitchen in the absence of the Chef. The Head Cook is directly responsible for all production on the shift in absence of the Chef. The Head Cook must be capable of supervising the kitchen staff and production of food in absence of the Chef. When the Chef is present the head cook works as an active cook. Activities include quality food preparation, recipe validation, production of banquets on and off premise, staff direction, sanitation and safety.
- Must be able to work any station or shift in the kitchen.
- Take total responsibility and properly execute special functions independently
- Produce and present all foods as assigned in tasty eye appealing manner.
- Have ability to assume total responsibility for his/her shift in absence of the chef.
- Work well with all other college employees.
- Be able to accurately convert recipe amounts as needed, follow standardized recipes as provided.
- Follow all ServeSafe standards and follow all HACCP procedures.
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. “Emergency response personnel” are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in at any time of the day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required. Vocational, technical or associate certification/degree in culinary preferred. OR
- Prior experience may be substituted for education. A minimum of 4 years volume cooking experience and 2 years’ of supervisory experiencing as an institutional cook