**Not required to work all of the above
Experience Preferred but not required
Pay: $12-$15 based on experience
Commitment to Customer Service
Product Knowledge & Training
Overview: Union Cigar is a luxury cigar merchant offering positions for retail sales associates at our Carlisle location. Applicants for this position preferably must possess a thorough, in-depth knowledge of cigars but it is not necessary for employment. The applicant must be willing to learn as knowledge of the product is crucial to sales. The ability to provide superior customer service to drive sales within our Hanover location takes precedence and is mandatory as our lifestyle products attract affluent clients and professionals. Location hosts a smoking lounge where smoking is present.
An initial on-the-job training program will ensure that our sales associates can provide the specialized knowledge and service that our high-end clients demand. Our initial hourly wage of $12 can be increased up to $15 at any time within the 1st year by displaying to management the team member's productive results, positive work ethic, excellent customer service skills, consistent punctuality, and sense of ownership and responsibility.
Union Cigar is initially offering up full-time hours per week with a 14-day trial and training period. At the end of the period, a review will occur at which time the position will be extended or denied.
* Assists in developing sales and providing assistance to customers.
* Ongoing training and knowledge of new store products.
* Works as part of a team to keep the department and store organized and effectively merchandised; this includes moving, stocking and staging product.
* Must clean bathrooms, lounge, store, fixtures during every shift.
* May be required to work in the store location or off-site events.
* Must possess tact, presentable hygiene and an outgoing sales type personality.
* Will abide by company dress code.
* Must use a POS/cash register and handle payments perhaps deposits. Obtains payments by processing cash and credit cards.
* Displays merchandise by stocking shelves, counters, racks, and tables.
* Promotes sales by setting up advertising displays.
* Prices merchandise by stamping, marking, and tagging.
* Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested by customers; receiving merchandise selected by customers.
* Issues bills and receipts by listing and totaling purchases.
* Prepares merchandise for delivery by removing tags, wrapping, and bagging.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Energy Level
* Customer Service
* Handles Pressure
* General Math Skills
* Processing payments via a POS system on a tablet/computer.
* Attention to Detail
* Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of cigars or willing to learn about the trade.
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and managers.
* Ability to repeatedly lift 40 pounds.
* Ability to attend tasting events to better assist customers with their selections.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, or as scheduled.
* Must be at least 18 years old and be a U.S. Citizen or have valid worker's permits.
* Must keep the shop and humidor in an orderly and clean fashion. You will be called on to sweep and mop the floors, clean the restrooms, clean the ashtrays, wash glass windows, and perform any other janitorial task.
* Must take a drug screen test and submit to a background check.
Must be drug-free and remain sober while on the clock.
If interested please email a resume ([Email hidden]) and if we accept your candidacy an interview will be scheduled at our 1055 Carlisle Street, Hanover PA 17331, location. Proof of prior retail experience suggested.
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Benefits: 40% Discount, Holiday Party, Employer Supplied Uniform Shirts,
Apply online: https://union-cigar.com/about/submit-application/