Provides products and services to guests as appropriate to assigned retail location. Follows proper food handling techniques and recipes, delivers excellent customer service, maintains good sanitation and cleanliness practices, and provides customers with an enjoyable experience during all meal periods. Assists with training retail new staff as needed. May be assigned to various retail operation locations on campus.
Primary duties Include:
- Attendants are responsible for positively greeting guests, providing excellent dining experiences and service to customers, preparing quality product utilizing recipes and all necessary equipment, and ensuring unit is well stocked and organized in a neat, clean manner.
- POS register
- Food preparation (cold and hot)
- Non-alcoholic drink preparation
- General utility duties
- Assist in training staff
- Follows HACCP guidelines, Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, OSHA regulations, safety policies, and ServSafe standards; ensures the cleanliness of prepartation areas, all seating, and serving areas; documents HACCP information such as food and equipment temperatures, times of food batches, packing data for food set-ups on the line, e.g. label information for pre-packaged deli salads.
- Assists guests with food allergies, special requests and customized preparation, and possesses a working knowledge of food ingredients.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure that all facilities and equipment are left in the appropriate condition at the end of each shift.
- Follows proper cash handling policies and procedures.
- Promotes positive relationships within and outside of the department through effective communication.
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. “Emergency response personnel” are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in at any time of the day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed.
Other Duties May Include:
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager as needed.
- Detailed cleaning in units.
- Support special events and programs.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive environment is maintained in assigned location.
Experience in a food service operation preferred but not required.